Spring cleaning. One of those chores you typically associate with your home when the weather turns nice again. But what about your business? Have you ever thought that some spring cleaning might be in order? And have you ever considered that there may be a way to do some cleaning up without a lot of hassle?
The first place to start may be in human resources.
Cutting Down on Clutter
“We dream of having a clean house—but who dreams of actually doing the cleaning? We don’t have to dream about doing the work, because doing the work is always within our grasp; the dream, in this sense, is to attain the goal without the work.” – Marcus Buckingham
HR management can be a very costly part of your operations—in time, in effort, in space, and in money. When you’ve got so many pieces of documentation, processes, and business requirements wrapped up in a physical paper trail, it’s important to find a solution that will help bring better organization to your operations while maintaining the security and access you need.
The management of HR will never be something that completely goes away, but a paperless HR solution can definitely help lighten the load. With responsibilities spanning from employee recruitment through onboarding, and training through de-boarding, there is a lot that HR needs to stay on top of:
- Job applications
- Employee records
- And more
If your restaurant operations and HR management are seeking some relief, here are five spring cleaning suggestions you can get started with today:
- Implement a restaurant management software (like the Better Chains solution). This is a cost-effective and easy-to-use management option that allows for centralized, optimized, and anytime access to all your HR needs.
- Scan all paperwork into the system. Rather than keep previous records in a filing cabinet somewhere and future records in your new software, clear up that physical space and get to scanning. The time saved trying to hunt down paper records down the line or having to manually type in everything will be worth it.
- Get rid of your printers. Okay, so you may not want to throw away/donate/sell all of your office machinery just yet, but once you start using digital signatures, you’ll find that you can start saving money and space (and trees) by keeping everything online.
- Use electronic forms. By adopting the use of e-forms, you’re not only cutting down on the amount of random papers floating around, but you’re also making it easier to store and keep track of employee records new and old.
- Simplify communications. When you get your restaurant’s into a single digital management system, you’re able to simplify processes, improve the ease of communications, and bring consistency to how all locations handle HR.
Regardless of how large your restaurant chain is or how many employees you have, a paperless HR system is definitely something you need to look into this year. We’re living in a technology-dependent world—and with good reason. Cloud-based software and paperless solutions are meant to bring order out of the chaos, to give you better insight into what’s going on even at the most granular level, and to streamline operations.
If you want to learn more about how Better Chains’ HR Management software can help clean up your operations management this spring, contact us today for a free demo.